1. What is
PTSA stands for
Parent Teacher Student Association. PTSA is a volunteer association where
parents, educators, students, and other citizens can be active in their schools
2. What does it mean "to join PTSA"?
We ask parents
for a small membership fee. From this amount, a portion goes to the District
and National PTA. This is why the PTSA relies mostly on fundraising to help
support the school.
3. How do we know that PTSA money is really being used for our children?
Any parent is
welcome to participate in any PTA event. Our records are not confidential and
we would be glad to explain PTSA money distribution to anyone.
4. Can anyone volunteer and help at school?
Yes. We welcome anyone who can assist us!
5. Do PTSA members get paid when working at the schools?
No. PTSA members
volunteer their time, and we welcome anyone who is willing to assist them.
Our parents work very hard to fundraise for special programs at Paramount High
6. Can anyone become a member?
including students, can be a PTSA member.
7. Do we have to volunteer in the school to be a member?
No. You are NOT
REQUIRED to volunteer any time for our events and/or fundraising. We appreciate
your assistance and the PTSA relies solely on volunteers to operate, but you
are absolutely NOT required to do so.
8. How do I become a member?
You can fill out
an enrollment envelope and drop it off in the PTSA drop-box at the school.